Huma Qureshi Biography: The Indian actress was born on 28th July 1986, she worked as a model and a theater actor before the beginning of her filmy career. Before the beginning of theater she signed two year contract with the Hindustan Unliver to appear on television and during the shooting of a Samsung mobile commercial, Anurag Kashyap recognized her acting ability and signed her for his movies. She made her acting debut with the crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur-Part 1 and Part 2 in 2012. Though she was in supporting role but she successfully put impact on audiences as well as critics mind. This movie was a box office hit and her performance in the film was garnered with the critical appreciation and earned nominations at Filmfare Awards for the Best Female Debut and the Best Supporting Actress category. This movie is proved as one of the best Huma Qureshi movies throughout her career. In the same year, she palyed a lead female role in a romantic drama movie Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, that proved to be a critical and commercial success.
Huma Qureshi is regularly receiving success in many futher releases like in 2013, she appeared in supernatural thriller movie Ek Thi Daayan, Shorts and D-Day. Her black comedy movie Dedh Ishqiya with Madhuri Dixit, Naseeruddin Shah and Arshad Warsi was released, which was again super hit.
Huma’s performance is recognized as good in front of the Dhak dhak girl even Madhuri also praised her a lot. After giving so many latest Huma Quershi movies she established herself as one of the most promising contemporary actresses in India. This leading lady initially scheduled to make her debut film in Billa II after clearing the audition and cast as a female lead but due to the delay in making of the film, Huma left this film for further commitments.
Top 10 Best Huma Qureshi Movies 2017 List
- Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 (2012) – Mohsina with Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Manoj Bajpai, Jaideep Ahlawat, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Vineet Kumar Singh, Piyush Mishra, Reemma Sen, Pankaj Tripathi and Richa Chadda.
- Badlapur (2015) – Jhimli with Varun Dhawan, Yami Gautam, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Radhika Apte.
- Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2 (2012) – Mohsina with Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkummar Rao, Vineet Kumar Singh, Tigmanshu Dhulia, Reemma Sen, Pankaj Tripathi, Zeishan Quadri, Richa Chadda, Jameel Khan and Aditya Kumar.
- Dedh Ishqiya (2014) – Munira with Madhuri Dixit, Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi and Vijay Raaz.
- D Day (2013) – Zoya Rehman with Arjun Rampal, Shruti Haasan, Irrfan Khan, Rishi Kapoor and Sandeep Kulkarni.
- Highway (2015) with Girish Kulkarni, Tisca Chopra, Renuka Shahane and Mukta Barve (Marathi Film)
- Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012) – Harman with Kunal Kapoor and Rajesh Sharma.
- X: Past Is Present (2015) – Veena with Rajat Kapoor, Radhika Apte, Anshuman Jha, Piaa Bajpai, Aditi Chengappa, Swara Bhaskar and Bidita Bag.
- Ek Thi Daayan (2013) – Tamara with Emraan Hashmi, Kalki Koechlin and Konkona Sen Sharma.
- Shorts (2013) – Sujata with Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Richa Chadda
Huma Qureshi debuted with the supporting role in Gangs of Wasseypur-Part 1 and this film is premiered at the 65th Cannes Film Festival. This film and her performance both received positive reviews from the critics and Govind Nihalani noted her presence of screen and compared her to the actress Smita Patil. An earthiness, intensity, sincereity and the warmth of personality, qualities that described her as Smita, apart from this fact, she was one of the very fine and instinctive actress of Hindi Film Industry. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama described her as wonderful actress and The Telegraph labeled her appearance as unconventional and compared her with the ex-beauty queens.
Huma Qureshi Upcoming Movies 2017, 2018 List
- Viceroy’s House (2017) – Aalia with Hugh Bonneville, Sarah-Jane Dias, Manish Dayal and Gillian Anderson
Huma Qureshi New Movies 2016-2017 List
- White (2016) – Roshni Menon with Mammootty, Sona Nair and Sidhiq
In 2012, rediff.com placed Huma as third in the Top Ten Debutants (male and female) in the annual list of Bollywood. Apart form many popular Huma Queshi movies, she was also appeared in short film called as Sujata which was screened at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles in 2013. This film was released to the public in Anurag Kashyap’s film Shorts and this film also received positive reviews from the critics and she earned the Special Mention in the Indian Film Festival of Los Angels. She is engaged in many Huma Qureshi upcoming movies 2017 in which one of the Gurinder Chadha’s British-Indian historical drama film Viceroy’s House.