Ileana D’Cruz Biography and Filmography
Ileana D’Cruz was born on 1st November 1987, well known for Telugu movies and now entered in Hindi Film Industry. She began her acting career with Telugu movies and in 2006 she won Filmfare Award for the Best Female Debut in South for the film Devadasu. She later on appeared in many South movies like Pokiri, Jalsa, Kick, Julai and so on and establisher herself as a leading star of Telugu cinema. Her Kollywood debut was with Kedi and Shankar’s Nanban. In 2012, she got entry in Bollywood with the Barfi! directed by Anurag Basu, this movie was one of the biggest Hits Ileana D’Cruz movies throughout his career. Anurag gave her outstanding opening in Bollywood and people also appreciated her acting even this film was based on Ranbir and Priyanka but she made her place and people recognized her performance and praised her a lot. With this wide recognition and critical appreciation she received Filmfare Award for the Best Female Debut category.
Ileana D’Cruz faced many auditions in the beginning of her career in Telugu cinema but finally she got chance to work with the director Y.V.S. Chowdhary and released her first movie named as Devadasu. She also attends acting classes with the runa Bhikshu, before starting of the film Devadasu. This film scored well on the Box Office with the 140 million earning and became the first major hit of the year.
Top 10 Ileana D’Cruz Movies of 2017
- Rustom (2016) – Cynthia Pavri with Akshay Kumar, Esha Gupta and Arjan Bajwa
- Nanban (2012) – Ria with Vijay, Srikanth & Jiiva
- Pokiri (2006) – Shruti with Mahesh Babu
- Nenu Naa Rakshasi (2011) – Meenakshi/Shravya with Rana Daggubati and Abhimanyu Singh
- Munna (2007) – Nidhi with Prabhas Raju Uppalapati
- Main Tera Hero (2014) – Sunaina with Varun Dhawan & Nargis Fakhri
- Julai (2012) – Madhu with Allu Arjun and Sonu Sood
- Aata (2007) – Sathya with Siddharth Narayan
- Kick 2 (2015) – Naina with Ravi Teja and Rakul Preet Singh
- Barfi! (2012) – Shruti Ghosh/Sengupta with Priyanka Chopra and Ranbir Kapoor
Best of Ileana D’Cruz Movies List
- Jalsa (2008) – Bhagyamathi with Pawan Kalyan, Parvati Melton & Kamalinee Mukherjee
- Kick (2009) – Naina with Ravi Teja
- Happy Ending (2014) – Aanchal Reddy with Saif Ali Khan, Kalki Koechlin and Govinda
- Rakhi (2006) – Tripura with Jr. NTR and Charmme Kaur
- Phata Poster Nikla Hero (2013) – Kajal with Shahid Kapoor and Padmini Kolhapure
- Shakti (2011) – Aishwarya with Jr. NTR and Prabhu Ganesan
- Devadasu (2006) – Bhanu with Ram Pothineni
- Saleem (2009) – Satyavathi with Manchu Vishnu
- Devudu Chesina Manushulu (2012) – Ileana with Ravi Teja and Prakash Raj
- Bhale Dongalu (2008) – Jyothi with Tarun Kumar and Jagapati Babu
- Khatarnak (2006) – Nakshatra with Ravi Teja
- Rechipo (2009) – Krishna Veni with Nithiin
- Kedi (2006) – Aarthi with Ravi Krishna and Tamannaah Bhatia
Ileana D’Cruz received her first award for this film which was Filmfare Award for the Best Female Debutant category. Her next movie was again super hit and she gave bang on performance of aerobics teacher in Pokiri. This movie received high financial success and become highest grossing Telugu movie at that time. She is also appeared in many Tamil movies and debuted with the movie Kedi in the year 2006, though movie was not so well on Box office but she constantly busy in other movies and filmmakers also want to sigh her. Her another releases of Telugu movies Rakhi and Munna that are successful financially as well as critically. She gave many popular Ileana D’Cruz movies in Telugu as well as in Tamil film industry.
Ileana D’Cruz New Movies 2017 List Upcoming Films 2018
- Baadshaho (2017) with Ajay Devgn, Vidyut Jammwal and Emraan Hashmi
- Mubarakaan (2017) with Arjun Kapoor, Anil Kapoor & Athiya Shetty
Ileana D’Cruz career took high speed with the release of her next film Aata in 2007, she received favorable reviews for her amazing performance. In 2008, she performed the female lead role in the film Jalsa and again she received positive remarks and critics called her as a pretty, stuning, damn cool throughout the film. In the 56th Filmfare Awards South she was nominated in the Best actress category and won many other awards. Next year her Kick film was released which was also declared as successful on Box office. The successful career in Telugu film industry, attract many Bollywood directors to sign her and this Bollywood career was started with the Anurag Basu’s film Barfi!. This film was super hit and she won many awards as well. Rachit Gupat from the Filmfare said about Ileana D’Cruz, Though this was a first film but her fantastic performance is proved that why Telugu audiences consider her as a superstar. Her next movie was Phata Poster Nikhla Hero with Shahid Kapoor was flop but she received positive feedback for her performance. The Ileana D’Cruz upcoming movies 2017 list include Baadshaho and Mubarakaan.