Kajol, a critically acclaimed Indian film actress was born on 5th August, 1974. Honored with Padma Shri by Government of India in 2011, she has received six Filmfare Awards for her marvelous work in Hindi Cinema. She made her acting debut from the film Bekhudi (1992) but gained her first commercial success from the film Baazigar in 1993. She has proven her acting talent in several blockbusters. Some of the best Kajol movies that earned her wide public recognition include Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001).
Kajol is well-known for being a versatile actress. Reluctant of being stereotype to particular roles, she always been called as unconventional. Her acting career recalls some mind blowing performances given by her in some of the against type movies. She has earned critical appreciation for her variable performance in the mystery film like ‘Gupt’, psychological thriller like ‘Dushman’ and conceptual movie like ‘My Name is Khan’. Not only this, even her comeback movie ‘Fanaa’ in 2006 listed in the list of top Kajol movies. This top movies collection lets her grab the position of India’s most successful actress.
Top 10 Kajol Movies 2019 List
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) with Shah Rukh Khan, Amrish Puri and Farida Jalal
- Fanaa (2006) with Aamir Khan, Tabu, Rishi Kapoor, Sharat Saxena and Kiron Kher
- Gupt: The Hidden Truth (1997) with Bobby Deol and Manisha Koirala
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) with Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Salman Khan and Sana Saeed
- Dushman (1998) with Sanjay Dutt and Ashutosh Rana
- My Name Is Khan (2010) with Shahrukh Khan, Jimmy Shergill, Sonya Jehan and Zarina Wahab
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001) with Hrithik Roshan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Jaya Bachchan
- Baazigar (1993) with Shah Rukh Khan, Shilpa Shetty and Siddharth Ray
- Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999) with Anil Kapoor, Gracy Singh, Anupam Kher, Johnny Lever and Shakti Kapoor
- Ishq (1997) with Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla and Ajay Devgan
Best of Kajol Movies List
- Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998) with Salman Khan, Dharmendra and Arbaaz Khan
- U Me Aur Hum (2008) with Ajay Devgan, Divya Dutta and Isha Sharvani
- Karan Arjun (1995) with Salman Khan, Mamta Kulkarni, Shahrukh Khan and Raakhee
- Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha (1998) with Ajay Devgan, Om Puri and Kashmira Shah
- Yeh Dillagi (1994) with Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan
- Dilwale (2015) with Varun Dhawan, Shah Rukh Khan and Kriti Sanon
- Raju Chacha (2000) with Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt and Rishi Kapoor
- Hote Hote Pyar Ho Gaya (1999) with Jackie Shroff, Ayesha Jhulka, Atul Agnihotri and Prem Chopra
- Velaiilla Pattadhari 2 (VIP 2) (2017) with Dhanush and Amala Paul
- We Are Family (2010) with Arjun Rampal, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aanchal Munjal
- Hulchul (1995) with Ajay Devgn and Vinod Khanna
- Bekhudi (1992) with Kamal Sadanah (Debut film)
Kajol is married to actor Ajay Devgan following which she has a daughter named Nysa and a son named Yug. In addition to her acting skills, she also gained recognition as a social activist. She has been noted down for her social work done for widows and children for whom she got Karamveer Puraskaar in 2008. She has also worked as a Judge for a TV based reality show. Along with this, she is involved with Devgan Entertainment and software Ltd. holding some managerial position.
Kajol Upcoming Movies 2020 – New Release 2019
- Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior (2020) with Ajay Devgn, Saif Ali Khan and Jagapati Babu
Currently, Latest Kajol movies include ‘Helicopter Eela’ which is gaining wide recognition much before its release. Also, Kajol was one of the top Bollywood actors whose miniature dolls were launched in United Kingdom in 2006.