DJ Afrojack is one of the most iconic and notable names in EDM (Electronic Dance Music) today. Just at the age of 26 he created a great impact on the music history. He played a key role in bringing worldwide popularity and explosion for EDM. Forbes magazine listed him at No.7 on ‘The Highest Paid DJs in The World List’. This year he was called ‘a global icon’ who is set to overcome the world by The Hollywood Reporter. A talented artist, producer and dj Afrojack is creative and versatile with his unique style sound whether remixing and producing for the likes of Madonna, Beyonce and Pitbull or creating club hits. Starting off in his hometown Spijkenisse, Afrojack earned popularity with a series of underground releases, before tasting the immense success with ‘Take Over Control’ in 2011. This Afrojack album’s hit single reached platinum status in the US.
Later, he developed impression with his own production label ‘Wall Recordings’, a platform for passionate EDM artists to grow. In 2011, Afrojack signed a landmark deal, with which he became the first ever DJ to sign an annual residency at the legendary Wynn Hotel, Los Vegas. He performed about dozen times in the year at Wynn clubs.
Top 10 DJ Afrojack Songs List 2016
- Take Over Control feat. Eva Simons (2010)
- Ten Feet Tall feat. Wrabel (2014)
- No Beef with Steve Aoki feat. Miss Palmer (2011)
- As Your Friend feat. Chris Brown (2013)
- SummerThing! feat. Mike Taylor (2015)
- Rock the House (2012)
- The Way We See the World (2011)
- Dynamite feat. Snoop Dogg (2014)
- Can’t Stop Me with Shermanology (2012)
- The Spark feat. Spree Wilson (2013)
Best of DJ Afrojack Songs & Singles
- Selecta with Quintino (2011)
- A Msterdamn with The Partysquad (2010)
- Hey Mama with David Guetta feat. Bebe Rexha & Nicki Minaj (2015)
- Give Me Everything with Pitbull feat. Nayer & Ne-Yo (2011)
- Turn Up the Speakers with Martin Garrix (2014)
- We’re All No One with Nervo feat. Steve Aoki (2011)
- Unstoppable (2015)
With the making of club hits, collaborating with the likes of David Guetta, the success continued. He started teaming up with and writing for world’s A-list top artists, including Chris Brown and Madonna. He produced and co-wrote ‘Give Me Everything’, which till to date sold above 8 million copies and topped Billboard charts. His production work for ‘Run The World’, ‘Collide’, which is nominated for Grammy Award, and ‘Rock the House’, which topped the Beatport music charts, is worth telling. The same year, he headlined both UMF (Ultra Music Festival) in Miami and EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival) in Las Vegas.
Afrojack Remix and DJ Mixes
- Gypsy – Steve Angello (Remix) (2008)
- Kickstarts – Example (Remix) (2010)
- Sexy Bitch – David Guetta feat. Akon (Remix)(2009)
- Bad – Michael Jackson (Remix) (2012)
- Nothing Really Matters – Mr Probz (Remix) (2015)
- I Feel Love – Donna Summer (Remix) (2013)
- Collide – Leona Lewis and Avicii (Remix) (2011)
- Cool – Spencer & Hill (Remix) (2009)
- Gangnam Style – Psy (Remix) (2013)
- Satisfaction – Benny Benassi (Remix) (2010)
- Hands High – Kirsty (Remix) (2012)
- Forever Love – Robin Thicke (Remix) (2014)
- Alejandro – Lady Gaga (Remix) (2010)
- Red Lights – Tiesto (Remix) (2013)
- Tonight Belongs to U! – Jeremih feat. Flo Rida (Remix) (2015)
- Hey Sexy Lady – i SQUARE (Remix) (2010)
- This Is Love – will.i.am feat. Eva Simons (Remix) (2012)
- Moombah! – Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie (Remix)(2009)
- Invincible – Greg Cerrone feat. Claudia Kennaugh (Afrojack Dub Mix) (2007)
In 2013, Afrojack signed an amazing international deal with Island UK, Island Def Jam and Universal Music Group. The 1st project was ‘The Spark’, which is a single that showed a new sound for him as an artist. In late 2013, he made history as he became the first to ring the closing bell at New York’s NASDAQ Stock Market Exchange, as SFX, electronic dance company, went public. He also secured his hands into the Holywood Walk of Fame.
DJ Afrojack New Songs 2016 List Upcoming Albums
2014 is seemed to be another milestone year for DJ Afrojack as his second single ‘ten Feet Fall’, begins a new DJ home at Los Vegas’ Hakkasan and releases his debut album with Island Records. He returns to Miami this spring as headliner on the UMF and give his followers a first preview and taste of his highly-anticipated album that is set for release this May. For his immense influence and popularity, many corporate brands approached him for brand partnerships. Afrojack recently disclosed a partnership with ‘G-Star Raw’, a globally celebrated fashion label. He was also approached by gaming company Razer.
DJ Afrojack Album
- Forget the World (2014)
Afrojack new single, ‘Ten Feet Tall’, has been released in January and been featured in his latest album Forget the World. The album also features Afrojack songs including Illuminate, Freedom, Born to Run etc. He built a recognized international brand for championing new levels of change in the music world and influencing attitudes. DJ Afrojack is one of the international celebrities to figure out.