Top R&B Songs list stands for rhythm and blues. It is a music genre pioneered by African-American during 1930s to 1940s. These songs deal with love, joy, depression, pain and even passion. In fact most of the contemporary Rnb songs speak about love making. Usually r&b love songs and especially the old school r&b songs have heart touching, simple and often provocative lyrics with a steady beat, which would make even the non-singers want to sing and the non-dancers want to groove.
Top 10 R&B Songs 2016 List
- In The Night by The Weeknd
- Hotline Bling by Drake
- Can’t Feel My Face by The Weeknd
- Trap Queen by Fetty Wap
- Exchange by Bryson Tiller
- Jumpman by Drake & Future
- The Fix by Nelly Featuring Jeremih
- All of Me by John Legend
- Sorry Not Sorry by Bryson Tiller
- Player by Tinashe Featuring Chris Brown
Top 20 R&B Songs List – Latest RnB Songs
- She Get It From Her Mama by Bertell feat. T-Pain & Yung Joc: The end of it, this song will become a part of yours. This is a song about calling back the lost love.
- Overdose by Ciara: Now here is a true romantic song. This is a song about appreciating your lover and cherishing your love. By this song the singer has tried to deliver the pathos and miseries of his life and what he feels after having his heart broken and dumped by someone special he cared for, the one whom he loved the most.
- Live For by The Weekend feat. Drake: It is a bittersweet love song based on Maxwell’s personal life.
- Hold On We Are Going Home by Drake feat Majid Jordan: Now is not it what every girl in love wants to hear from his lover.
- Give It You by Robin Thicke feat. Kendrick Lamar & 2 Chainz: It is a slow building song with meaningful lyrics. This is a song that every woman would love.
- Love More by Chris Brown feat. Nicki Minaj: This is a song that every woman would love.
- Over Here by Party Next Door feat. Drake: This song is unlike the popular r&b songs. It is sophisticated, passionate and intense.
- Don’t Think They Know by Chris Brown feat. Aaliyah: This song is unlike the recent Rnb songs. It is sophisticated and intense.
- Somebody Else by Mario feat. Nicki Minaj: Relax your mind, lay back and groove with me. Yes, that’s exactly what the tune of this song would do to you. One won’t be able to stop himself/herself from grooving in its tune.
- Twisted by Usher feat. Pharrell: This heart touching song is for the ‘special person’ whom one often takes for granted but without whom one can’t live.
List of Best R&B Songs
- A Song For You by Donny Hathaway (1971)
- Rock with you by Michael Jackson (1979)
- Yearning for your love by the Gap band (1980)
- Ayo by Chris Brown and Tyga
- Save Room by John legend (2006)
- Teach me by Musiq Soulchild (2007)
- Share my life by Kem (2010)
- Lose Yourself by Eminem
- Next Breath by Tank (2012)
- Pretty wings by Maxwell (2009)
- Un-break my heart by Toni Braxton (1996)
- We belong together by Mariah Carey (2005)
- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth
If Billboard charts can be taken as a guide to find good r&b songs then the above songs can be considered as the top 100 r&b songs. The new r&b songs 2016 however are less romantic and emotional; they lack in sophisticated sensuality and have lyrics that are more sexually aggressive. Yet, it will be wrong to say that all the latest r&b songs 2016 have lost their original essence. Jesse Boykin’s III, a contemporary Rnb singer has rightly said ‘Love music is not gone, it is just harder to find.’ Rnb or R&b stands for rhythm and blues. These songs deal with love, joy, depression, pain and even passion. In fact most of the contemporary greatest r&b songs speak about love making.